Accidents happen when you least expect it, and it’s always better to be prepared, especially since buying tenant insurance is simple and affordable.
For just a few dollars a month, you can get tenants insurance to cover you, your spouse and your dependent children. Just fill out a few simple questions, buy online, and you can get coverage immediately.
What Does Tenant Insurance Cover?
- Third-Party Liability coverage for up to 2 million dollars worldwide for property damage or bodily harm you accidentally cause
- Additional living expenses to cover room and board if you need to leave your home
- Contents insurance to repair or replace any of your damaged personal property
Why Do I Need Renters’ Insurance?
Renter's insurance can cover these situations:
- If someone slips on your floor and is injured, they can sue you.
- If you leave the sink on and get distracted, the water can seep into other apartments and cause extensive damages.
- If a pipe bursts in the ceiling and your property is damaged, your insurer will handle the claim.
- If you have fire or smoke damage, the insurer can give you money to replace your clothes and essential belongings.
- While your home is being repaired, you will be entitled to cover your additional living expenses.
What Happens if I Don’t Get Tenants Insurance?
While you are residing in Canada, you are legally responsible for any damage or harm you may cause to others. A judge can hold you responsible in court and order you to pay these costs out of your own pocket.
If you have tenant insurance however, the insurer will defend your case in court, cover your legal expenses and pay the court settlement.
Want to know more about tenants insurance? Feel free to call BTI Direct today.